The typical salad can be a little boring, so I’m always looking for ways to mix it up a bit. This weekend I came up with this variation on the typical spinach salad, and it was so yummy I couldn’t help but share. Plus, it is so full of nutrition, it’ll fuel your body all day long! So, check out this simple superfood salad the next time you’re looking for an easy but healthy lunch or dinner recipe! Continue reading
My philosophy when it comes to meals is the simpler the better, and this tilapia and veggie dish definitely does not disappoint. It seriously doesn’t get any easier than this, and it’s so, so good! So, if you’re looking for a light and tasty weeknight meal or even if you need a meal for entertaining, try this! Continue reading
I’ve mentioned a time or two that I try to limit our processed foods as much as I can. While that’s not always easy to do, one way I am able to accomplish it is doing a little meal prep each week and relying on simple recipes for a few of our favorites! One of my “make every week” recipes is this super-simple Cinnamon Honey Granola! It is honestly one that my husband requests each week, and it literally takes under 5 minutes to prepare (as long as my little one is cooperating) and a bit of time to bake.
I love it too because it’s really easy to change up if we decide we want to add something different in it or are out of something. The recipe is based on an easy 6:1 ratio – 6 cups of dry ingredients to 1 cup of wet ingredients. So, I’ll give you my measurements of what I use, but just know you can always swap things out to suit your fancy. Continue reading
Keeping meals simple and flavorful, like this Blackened Chicken, is how I stay on track and meet my goals. I mean, really, who wants to eat bland, boring food all the time? Not me! And, when I tried to force myself to do that, I was never successful for very long.
So, I try to come up with recipes or tweak some old favorites to make tasty and healthy dishes that we can enjoy as a whole family. This is one of my favorites, especially this time of year! Plus, it’s so easy to serve on a salad or over rice with a veggie for a complete meal in minutes! Continue reading
Chicken Enchilada Casserole
For What’s Cooking
*This post is part of a sponsored campaign by Hunt’s.
- PAM® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 2 tablespoons Pure Wesson® Vegetable Oil
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 can (29 oz each) Hunt's® Tomato Puree
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- ¾ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 12 corn tortillas
- 4 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 3 cups shredded Cheddar and Monterey Jack cheese blend (3 cups = 12 oz)
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray 13x9-inch baking dish with cooking spray; set aside. Heat oil in medium saucepan over medium heat. Add onion and garlic; cook and stir 5 minutes or until onion is crisp-tender. Stir in tomato puree, chili powder, salt and pepper. Reduce heat to low; simmer 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Layer 4 tortillas, half of the chicken, ⅔ cup cheese and ¼ of the sauce in prepared dish. Repeat layers. Top with remaining 4 tortillas, remaining sauce and remaining ⅔ cup cheese. Cover with aluminum foil.
- Bake 30 minutes. Uncover; bake 5 minutes more. Cut into 8 pieces.
Try this hearty chicken enchilada casserole the next time you need a healthy meal for you and your family!