There are few things I find more festive than peppermint and chocolate at Christmas time! There is just something about that flavor that I love! Instead of reaching for the traditional option, though, I decided to whip up this Superfoods Peppermint Patties! They still give me the yummy flavor I’m looking for, but they’re also full of all the good stuff my body needs. So I can stop at just one instead of eating the whole bag of chocolate!
- 1 heaping tablespoon coconut oil, melted
- ⅛ teaspoon peppermint extract
- 1 scoop/packet chocolate superfoods smoothie mix
- Mix the melted coconut oil and peppermint extract with the smoothie mix. If it is too thick, add a little more melted coconut oil.
- Place paper liners in a muffin tin.
- Drizzle the chocolate mixture into the muffin tins. (You should be able to make 4 patties.)
Give them a try for yourself and let me know what you think! I think I may top them with some festive Christmas sprinkles the next time I make them!
For more recipe ideas, fitness tips, and inspiration, join our FREE Living Contently Wellness Community here!