I recently wrapped up a challenge based solely on this one concept. Self-love! I used to think taking care of me was selfish, indulgent even, until I realized that…
Self-love is self-respect.
And now it is something I am SO passionate about! I talk to other women about their journeys ALL the time and find that we all have similar patterns of behavior. Far too often, we:
- Beat ourselves up with cruel self-talk
- Set ourselves up for failure with unrealistic expectations
- Deprive ourselves of things we deserve through self-sabotaging behaviors
- Abuse our bodies through neglect or harmful choices
These behaviors wreak havoc on our mental and physical health, our relationships, and our careers. Not only do they deplete us mentally and emotionally, but they honestly, also lead to negative physical impacts.
What I’ve discovered recently , is that when I take time, even if it’s just 10-20 minutes, each day to simply do something for ME. Something I love. Something that FILLS me up and centers me. I am a MUCH better wife, mother, coach, friend. And, I KNOW it can do the same for you.
So, I want to challenge you to do one simple thing each day to honor, respect, and LOVE yourself. And what better way to do that than to share a few of my favorite ideas with you?!
You can do each of these activities in 10 minutes or less, though, you can certainly take more time than that if you like. And if that one thing leads you to do a few things more, GO FOR IT! This is simply meant to be a starting point! <3
- Give yourself a facial (or splurge and go somewhere for one).
- Nourish your body with a smoothie or another healthy treat.
- Do your makeup or hair or something else that makes you feel beautiful.
- Grab coffee with a friend or just make time for a nice long phone chat.
- Read or listen to something that inspires you.
These are just a starting point for showing yourself a little love everyday – a few ideas to get your wheels turning! I hope that from them you get a little inspiration to carve out the time to invest in yourself! Remember self-love is not selfish! It’s essential!
For more wellness tips, recipe ideas, and inspiration, join our FREE Living Contently Wellness Community here!