Okay, okay, I know you’re probably getting tired of all of the pumpkin recipes…But, I know there are a few of you out there who are just like me and CAN’T get enough of the pumpkin. So, I just HAD to share this recipe with you!
Not only do these Pumpkin Pie Energy Bites have one of my favorite fall flavors, but they also pack a serious punch of energy and nutrients! And they’re gluten and dairy free (depending on what kind of oats and chocolate chips you use). If that doesn’t beckon you to give them a try, then I don’t know what will.
- 1 cup dry old fashioned rolled oats (use gluten free if desired)
- ½ cup pumpkin pureé
- ⅓ cup honey
- 1 cup coconut flakes
- ½ cup ground flaxseed
- ⅓ cup dark chocolate chips (use vegan if desired)
- 1 serving Vanilla Shakeology
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Mix all ingredients except chocolate chips together.
- Add chocolate chips and stir until well-dispersed.
- Use a cookie scoop or spoon to portion out the mixture and roll into balls. (I use a tablespoon cookie scoop.)
- Place on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes. Store in fridge or freezer.
I love how versatile these Pumpkin Pie Energy Bites are too! You could literally add in any number of fun extras, like nuts or even raisins instead of the chocolate chips!
So tell me…When you’re looking for a healthy snack, do you go for nutritional benefit or taste first? I mean, my Pumpkin Pie Energy Bites have it all, but I want to know what you look for in an afternoon (or morning or evening) pick-me up.
So what do you think? What are you favorite clean eating recipes? And for more recipe ideas, fitness tips, and inspiration, join our FREE Living Contently Wellness Community here!