Y’all! It is definitely that time of year when I just don’t want to spend any more time in the kitchen (or on anything really) than I have to! I don’t want to sacrifice on my nutrition goals, though, so I’m wracking my brain for all the EASY but healthy summer dinner options I can think of!
We gave this one a shot last week, and it’s already on repeat. So I knew I just HAD to share it with you! The prep, cook, and clean up of this healthy summer dinner just couldn’t be easier, so I know you’re going to love it! Plus, our nearly 2-year-old even eats it, so it’s kid-approved to!
I mean, does it get any better in the mom world? I don’t think so!!! So give it a try, and tell me you don’t like it too!
- 1 lb turkey sausage
- 2-3 medium yellow squash, cut in ¼ inch slices
- 1 onion, cut in half and sliced in thick ½ inch slices
- 2-3 tablespoons olive oil
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 475 degrees.
- Put the squash and onion slices in the pan.
- Drizzle the oil over the squash and onions, and toss around until coated.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Add sausages to the pan.
- Roast for 15 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
This is another one of those recipes too that you can really tweak with different veggies and/or squash varieties to use what you have on hand or what is in season/on sale whenever you make it!
That’s a win all around when you’re making healthy summer dinner options, right?! For more recipe ideas, fitness tips, and inspiration, join our FREE Living Contently Wellness Community here!