If you’ve been around here long, you know I love all things sweet. But what you may not know is that I also love all things breakfast. In fact, I can still remember Saturday mornings when my dad would get up before the rest of us and fix a big breakfast, and to this day, I still love when we’re visiting for the weekend and my dad makes one of his breakfasts. So what is my favorite? You may have already guessed…French toast!
There is just something about that combo of a traditionally sweet breakfast food paired with the warm crust that you get on a good French toast. It just makes my mouth water! But if you’re practicing clean eating, most French toast is anything but!
So I put my thinking cap on, swapped some of the traditional ingredients, and came up with this delectable Clean Eating French Toast recipe. And I’ll be the first to tell you, it does not disappoint!
Want to give it a try for yourself? Check out the recipe and then let me know what you think! I love that you can add in different toppings to really make this fit your own tastes too!
- 4 eggs
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened almond milk
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1-2 tabelspoons raw honey
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 4 slices wheat or Ezekiel bread
- Heat skillet over medium to medium-high heat. (Prepare skillet with ¼ teaspoon coconut oil or cooking spray.)
- Mix all ingredients and spices, except bread, together in shallow dish.
- Coat both sides of bread in egg and spice mixture and put on skillet
- Cook for 2-3 minutes on each side or until golden brown.
- Serve with your choice of fruit, melted nut butter, maple syrup, or honey.
Tell me something before you go, though. Are you a breakfast person like me, or do you tend to go more for lunch or dinner? And have you tried any other clean eating breakfast recipes that I need to check out?
For more recipe ideas, fitness tips, and inspiration, join our FREE Living Contently Wellness Community here!