Chinese has always been one of those foods that I’d gorge myself on and then hate myself afterward. Literally, it’s like I just can’t control myself when there are crab rangoons involved. 🙅🏼
So instead of giving in to temptation, I whipped up a little “Chinese Fakeout” instead! I got the same flavors without all of the added fat and carbs. (Minus the rangoons, of course. I’ll save those for a day when I’m planning a cheat.)
That’s what I’ve learned works the best for me. It’s not about depriving myself of the foods I love but rather finding healthier, more nutritious versions I can enjoy and still stay on track! 👌🏼
Give this Chicken and Broccoli Chinese Fakeout recipe a try for yourself and let me know what you think!
- 3 tablespoons toasted sesame oil
- 7 cups broccoli, cut into bite size pieces
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes (or to taste)
- 2-3 tablespoons coconut oil
- 2 pounds chicken, cut into bite-size pieces
- Place coconut oil in a large skillet and add ginger, salt, garlic powder, and red pepper flakes.
- Mix and saute seasonings until aromatic.
- Add chicken and cook until fully cooked, about 5 minutes.
- Remove chicken and add sesame oil.
- Add broccoli and cook over medium/high heat for 5 minutes until broccoli starts to soften.
- Add chicken back into pan and cook until broccoli and chicken begin to brown slightly.
- Serve over zucchini noodles or cauliflower rice.
What is your favorite Chinese food? Have you tried any Chinese Fakeout recipes before?
For more recipe ideas, fitness tips, and inspiration, join our FREE Living Contently Wellness Community here!