I frequently share how important accountability is for your health and fitness journey. In fact, I’d go as far as to say that without effective accountability, you’ll never really reach and maintain your health and fitness goals. However, I’ve recently been realizing how important accountability is in more than just fitness.
We have been having “one of those” kind of weeks. I don’t know if it’s a growth spurt or the fact that Daddy is out of town or even that Mommy is extra tired, but we’re struggling. She’s fussier than usual. I’ve pulled out all of the stops, and all of my “usuals” aren’t working…And, then my husband said something to me.
I’ve mentioned before that I’ve been taking the last 9 months to help me prepare my heart to mother my child. Another way I’ve been preparing is by praying for my child, and I wanted to share a great resource I found that has really helped me be able to do that effectively.
Early on in my pregnancy I came across this blog post from Arabah Joy. I just love the way she articulates the early onset of motherhood, describing it as both exhilarating and sobering. And, as we grow ever closer to birthing our baby into the world, we experience labor like that which is to come. One of the best ways to prepare for all of this, I have found, is to spend time in prayer – in specific, diligent prayer for my baby, my child…
I adapted my prayers from those that Arabah shared, and I hope that you can do the same. As you pray for an unborn child or for one who has already entered the world, may your prayers be specific and concrete. It’s never too early to start praying, so consider these prayers with accompanying scripture to guide you.
- You are beautifully and wonderfully made. Psalm 139:13-14
- Your days have been planned by God. Psalm 139:16
- You will be convicted by the Holy Spirit. John 16:8
- You will be aware of the state of your heart. Matthew 7:21-23
- You have a real relationship with God. John 15:7-9
- You have been called to be pure. Thessalonians 4:7
- You can fully rely on God. Proverbs 3:5-6
- You respect and fear God. Proverbs 9:10
- You will possess and exercise self-control. Titus 2:12
- Your needs are provided by God. Luke 12:24
- You will love God’s word. Psalm 119:97
- You will be great by your acts of service. Mark 10:43-45
- You will be compassionate, patient, and meek. Colossians 3:12-13
- You will have unwavering faith. Hebrews 1:23
- You will grow in grace and knowledge. 2 Peter 3:18
- You will seek justice, love mercy, and walk humbly. Micah 6:8
- You will become wise. Proverbs 13:20
- You will be a light in the dark. Ephesians 5:8
- You will bear fruit. John 15:8
- You will desire God with all your heart. Isaiah 26:8
Remember, God has specifically chosen you to be the mother of this child. You have the exact capabilities that this child needs to be loved, cared for, and mothered. May that always begin with prayer.
I made a printable version of these prayers to hang in our daughter’s nursery. Get your copy here. Also, let me know if there is any interest in a color variation for a boy child. I’d be happy to make adjustments and share with mamas of boys as well.
My husband and I have been married just over 3 years now, and even though it’s been short, our marriage has been wonderful. While we’ve faced some pretty big life obstacles in our short years of matrimony (multiple job location changes, serious illness, moving multiple times, purchasing our first home, extensive travel…), none of those events has been anything like welcoming a baby into our family and home. With that in mind, we wanted to take our last few months together to really work on our relationship before we go from a couple of two to a family of three.
We are ecstatic to welcome Baby Girl in just a few short months, but we know that our life is about to be changed in ways that we never could have imagined. So, we’re doing what we can now to strengthen our relationship before she makes her grand appearance. Here are a few ways we’ve been strengthening our relationship as we await the arrival of our Baby Girl, I hope you find them helpful as well. Continue reading
Welcome to the August Double Whammy Social Hobnob Party!
The last couple of months we were trying out some new ways to share and network, we’ve finally settled upon just one Huge Blog Hop! So here’s the run down…
Linky #1 is a Blog & Social Media Share
Linky #2 is a Post Linkup
This Party is a Month Long Link Up. It will open at 7am EST on the first day of the month and will stay open until the last day of the month. So stop back by and check out who’s new each week! Share their pretty posts and make lasting connections!