Keeping meals simple and flavorful, like this Blackened Chicken, is how I stay on track and meet my goals. I mean, really, who wants to eat bland, boring food all the time? Not me! And, when I tried to force myself to do that, I was never successful for very long.
So, I try to come up with recipes or tweak some old favorites to make tasty and healthy dishes that we can enjoy as a whole family. This is one of my favorites, especially this time of year! Plus, it’s so easy to serve on a salad or over rice with a veggie for a complete meal in minutes!
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breast
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1-2 tablespoons olive oil
- Heat olive oil in skillet on medium high heat.
- Combine seasoning in a small bowl and stir to combine completely.
- Coat exposed side of chicken with seasoning mixture.
- Place chicken seasoning side down in pan of hot oil.
- Coat remaining side of chicken with seasoning.
- Cook 5-7 minutes on each side until both sides are darkened and chicken is cooked through.
Serving suggestions: We enjoy this served over spinach as a salad topper or brown rice with an added veggie for a complete meal.
What are your favorite simple, flavorful, and nutritious chicken dishes?