Okay, so I seriously contemplated switching out the name of this recipe because I know what you’re thinking…Black beans? In my brownies? Ewww!
And honestly, about a week ago, I was right there with you, but for some reason, I was having a hankering for some rich, fudgy brownies. But I’ve been doing a lot better with staying on track with my nutrition and didn’t want to just give in to the traditional “treat,” so I decided to get a little creative.
After taking a look at a few other recipes, I decided to get a little creative and tweak things a bit. And this is what I came up with! And honestly, they are SO good I’d put them up against ANY regular brownie recipe!
Don’t get me wrong, though. You’ll want to have people try them before you reveal the “secret ingredient.” 😉
Promise me you’ll try them before you write them off too, okay?
- 1½ cups black beans
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- ½ cup quick oats
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ⅓ cup honey
- 2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ cup to ⅔ cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Combine all ingredients except chips in a food processor, and blend until completely smooth.
- Stir in the chips, then pour into a greased 8×8 pan.
- Sprinkle extra chocolate chips over the top.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes.
- Let cool for 10 minutes before cutting.
So what do you think? Have you tried any bean dessert recipes?