With summer quickly approaching and the temperature rising outside (and in), I’ve found myself wanting simple dishes! And let’s be honest, I just don’t want to cook when I could be outside playing! So I’ve put my thinking cap on to come up with a few new summer recipes to add to the the mix, and this Avocado and Tomato Summer Salad is a real winner!
Honestly, with the avocado and chickpeas, it’s filling as a meal all on it’s own! But it pairs really easily with some grilled chicken or even burgers! This would also travel really easy to take to a barbecue or cookout! (Can you tell I have summer on the brain?!) Give it a try for yourself and let me know what you think!
- 1 cup chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- ¼ cup diced onions
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 avocados, diced
- 1 bunch cilantro, stems removed
- 2 cups spinach
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- Zest of 1 lemon
- Juice of 1 juicy lemon, or two not so juicy lemons
- 1 teaspoon honey
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Add cilantro and spinach to food processor. Process the greens until they are finely chopped.
- In a bowl, add the chickpeas, chopped greens, tomatoes, avocado, onion, and garlic.
- In a bowl, whisk the lemon zest, lemon juice, honey, and cumin together. Pour over the salad.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Let sit in the fridge until ready to eat! Enjoy!
What about you? Do you have any favorite summer salad recipes?
For more recipe ideas, fitness tips, and inspiration, join our FREE Living Contently Wellness Community here!