Are you a snacker? I definitely am! I am one that digests better when I eat several smaller meals throughout the day, so I am always looking for healthy recipes that qualify as snacks. While most of the time, I am satisfied with a handful of nuts or a piece of fruit, every once in a while, I just want something that’s a little more decadent. When I’m in one of those moods, I pull out the apple nachos! If you haven’t tried them yet, you really need to. This simple healthy snack recipe is so easy. Plus, you can personalize it to be just want you want!
- 1 apple
- 1-2 tbsp nut butter
- Topping of choice (dark chocolate chips, nuts, dried fruit, etc.)
- Rinse and dry the apple.
- Cut apple into slices and lay slices in a bowl or on a plate.
- Place nut butter in a microwave safe bowl and melt in microwave (15 to 30 seconds).
- Drizzle nut butter over apple slices.
- Cut/prepare toppings as needed. (I melted the chocolate chips on mine, but you certainly leave them in solid form.)
- Top drizzled slices with additional toppings and enjoy!
Variations for a Different Take on This Healthy Snack
I love this recipe because it’s so easy to switch it up, and you can really make it to fit any palate. One of my favorite combos is the traditional apple, nut butter, and dark chocolate, but I like other varieties as well. Try adding a little honey to the mix if you want an even sweeter take on this healthy recipe. Or, add dried cranberries, blueberries, or raisins on top. Want to give the nacho theme a complete makeover? Try using bananas instead of apples!
What is your favorite healthy snack? What will you top your apple nachos with for a fun, frugal, and healthy recipe?