The holiday season brings with it a plethora of challenges when it comes to following any type of nutrition plan. While clean eating isn’t necessarily easy during the holiday season, the flexibility it provides makes it doable, especially with yummy recipes like this easy 3-Ingredient Chicken & Sweet Potatoes made in the crockpot! Don’t take my word for it, though! Give it a try yourself and see how simple clean eating can be even this time of year!
- 2 chicken breasts, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 2 sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 can vegetable broth (14.5 oz)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1½ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon minced onion
- Layer sweet potatoes in the bottom of the crockpot.
- Add chicken in a single layer over top.
- Pour broth over chicken and potatoes.
- Add seasonings.
- Cook on low for 8 hours.
- Serve and enjoy!
I love that you can pretty easily tweak this recipe to fit other proteins, too! I added some green beans on the side, and with minimal time invested I had a complete meal that my whole family loved, even my one-year-old!